Zuyd Excellence scholarships offer a net discount of up to €3600 on tuition fees. The academic progress of ZES awarded students is monitored annually as a minimum of 45 earned credits per academic year is required to extend the scholarship for the following academic year. Scholarship extensions are valid for the nominal duration of the program only.
Application criteria / Who can apply?
To be eligible for the Zuyd Excellence Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- You do not have EU/EEA or Swiss or Suriname nationality.
- You have received your Zuyd student number via Studielink.
- You meet the specific requirements of the study program.
- You are required to pay the highest institutional tuition fees.
- You live in the Netherlands during your studies.
- You have never shortened the Zuyd program without obtaining a degree.
- You are applying to start one of the following state-funded, fully English-taught courses
- European studies
- Hospitality (hotel) management.
- Interdisciplinary art
- International trade
- Music (Bachelor and Master)
- Interior Architecture
Step-by-step application preparation
You can start your application for the Zuyd Excellence Scholarship as soon as you apply for the Zuyd
Studielink and you have received your Zuyd student number.
Your Zuyd Excellence Scholarship application must include:
(Note: only typed applications in English will be accepted!):
- Completed and signed the Zuyd Excellence Scholarship application form
- Personal letter of motivation for those interested in studying at Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
- One letter of reference e.g. lecturer or mentor at your current educational institution
- Your curriculum vitae (CV)
Letter of Motivation
Your cover letter (max. 1 A4 page) must contain the following items:
- Why did you choose this particular study program at Zuyd University of Applied Sciences?
- What value do you expect this degree program to add to your previous education?
- What do you expect this study program to contribute to your future career?
The reference letter should be signed, dated, and submitted on official paper and must include:
- Your name and the referee’s name, function, and department of your current education
- Description of the applicant’s outstanding academic abilities and competencies.
Deadline to Apply
The last date of submission of the application is 31 August 2022.
To apply for the Zuyd Excellence Scholarship (ZES), please complete the form given in the below link and send it with all required supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.