The University of Lausanne in Switzerland offers UNIL Masters Grants on a competitive basis to international students who wish to pursue a Master’s degree at the university.
Summary of UNIL Masters Grants in Switzerland for Foreign Students
|Host Institution||University of Lausanne|
|Number of Scholarships||Around 10|
UNIL Masters Grants in Switzerland for Foreign Students
Masters Scholarships are scholarships for excellence awards offered exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are at a very high level.
University of Lausanne
The University of Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland was founded in 1537 as a school of Protestant theology and was then established as a university in 1890. The university is the second oldest in Switzerland and one of the oldest continuously operating universities in the world. Wikipedia
Level/Field(s) of study:
All Master’s programs from those offered by UNIL except the following
- Master from the Faculty of Medicine
- Master of Education
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of Criminal Law, Master of Specialization
- Master of Science in didactics of physical education and sports
- Master of Science in Health Sciences
- All MAS (Ph.D. programs)
*Note: For the Master of Laws, only two specializations are open for Master’s scholarship applications – “International and Comparative Law” and “Legal Theory”.
The scholarship is awarded for the minimum statutory duration of the program chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months of the year) for the entire duration of the master’s programs (one and a half years or two years depending on the selected master’s programs), except in cases of definitive failure after the first year.
Students who are offered a scholarship will be exempt from fixed course registration fees, with the exception of a fee of CHF 80.00 which is payable each semester.
Eligibility for UNIL Masters Grants in Switzerland:
- Obtain a foreign university diploma considered equivalent to a bachelor’s degree at UNIL before starting a master’s program at UNIL.
- Stand out during your studies, especially with excellent academic results.
- Have a language level of at least B2 (according to the global scale of the European Language Portfolio) in French or English according to the language in which your chosen Master’s students are taught.
- Not to be registered with UNIL in the past.
- Payment of an administrative fee of CHF 200.00 (see document “list of documents to be attached to the application”).
These may also be beneficial to Women:
You may not apply for admission to the Master’s program through the Admissions Department (SII). Applicants must send the completed application form unbound, by post to the address of the university.
The application deadline for the UNIL Masters Grants in Switzerland is November 1 for starting a master’s degree during the following academic year, in the fall semester, or in the spring semester, if the program allows.