The University of British Columbia offers Merit-based UBC Entrance Awards to outstanding international students. Studying at the world’s top-level university, you’ll have the chance to grow, connect, explore and innovate.
|Host University||University of British Columbia|
|No. of Scholarships||vary each year|
|Dead Line||January 15|
University of British Columbia (UBC)
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a public research university with campuses near Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia. Founded in 1908, it is the oldest university in British Columbia. The university ranks among the top three universities in Canada. The University of British Columbia is a global center for teaching, learning, and research, consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities in the world. Wikipedia
Merit-based UBC Entrance Awards in Canada at the University of British Columbia
When you receive an award or scholarship, you join a community of engaged and supportive young leaders who enrich UBC with their diverse perspectives, engagement, and innovation. The University of British Columbia offers two Merit-based UBC Entrance Awards to outstanding international students.
- International Major Entrance Scholarship
- Outstanding International Student Awards
Once you receive an offer of admission to UBC, you will automatically be considered for these merit-based awards. Consideration is based on your demonstrated academic performance and your extracurricular involvement.
International Major Entrance Scholarship
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to exceptional international students entering undergraduate programs at UBC. Students receive their IMES upon entering their first year at UBC, and scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study. The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary depending on available funding.
Outstanding International Student Awards
The Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award is a one-time merit-based entrance scholarship awarded to qualified students when they are offered admission to UBC. Students selected for this award demonstrate academic strength and demonstrate involvement outside the classroom.
To be considered for a UBC Entrance Awards, you must:
- Be new to UBC, join straight out of high school.
- Become an international student studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes in your citizenship will affect your scholarship eligibility.)
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
- Not being nominated for a need-based and merit-based International Scholars award.
- Apply to UBC by January 15.
You may also like:
How to Apply for a UBC Entrance Awards
- If you apply to UBC by January 15, you will automatically be considered for the scholarship.
- You will be considered for this scholarship shortly after receiving an offer of admission to UBC.
Scholarship decisions are made from mid-March to the end of April each year.