TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is established byThe Turkish Council for Science, Technology and Research (TÜBİTAK) and TWAS for foreign scholars from developing countries who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural and related applied sciences at departments and laboratories of public and private universities of Turkey and TÜBİTAK research centers and institutes.
Looking for a Ph.D. Fellowship? Then Follow the below link
Summary of TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
|Minimum degree held||Ph.D.|
|Host Institute||Public and private universities in Turkey|
|Duration||From a minimum period of 6 months to a maximum period of 36 months|
|Opening date||15 September 2022|
|Closing date||15 November 2022|
TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Turkey Without IELTS
- These scholars aim to conduct postdoctoral research in the fields of natural and related applied sciences in public and private departments and laboratories. Turkish Universities and TÜBİTAK Research Centers and Institutes.
- TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is available for faculties and institutes of public and private universities in Turkey for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum of 36 months.
- English proficiency is necessary. However, if your means of education were in English, you are not required to provide TOEFL or IELTS certificates.
- To assist candidates in choosing a suitable host institution, a list of public and private universities in Turkey is available at the link below:
Eligible Fields for TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
The following are the eligible fields:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell. & Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems & Organisms
- Medical & Health Sciences, including Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space & Earth Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Computing and Information Technology.
You may also like:
Financial Coverage of TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
Following are the benefits of the TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
- TWAS will provide travel assistance to and from Turkey to the researcher’s country of residence and will cover visa costs.
- TÜBİTAK will pay monthly allowances in amounts determined by TÜBİTAK to cover accommodation and living expenses, as well as premiums for Turkish private health insurance.
- Tuition fees, including tuition, registration, and research fees, must be waived or paid by the host institution.
Eligibility Criteria for TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
Applicants for these scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a permanent resident and a national of a developing country.
- Applicants from development deficit countries (Science and Technology Lag, STLC) and women are especially encouraged to apply. A list of STLCs can be found at https://twas.org/66-countries.
- Caution. Developing countries not on the list are also eligible to apply.
- Must not hold a visa for temporary or permanent residence in Turkey or any developed country.
- Employed in a developing country (other than the host country) to perform research assignments there.
- Ph.D. in Natural and Related Applied Sciences (any of the above disciplines).
- Must be 45 years of age or younger as of December 31 of the year of application.
- Candidates who have obtained a doctorate from a Turkish university must obtain a letter of acceptance from a university other than the university where they obtained their doctorate, and must conduct research under a supervisor different from that of their doctoral supervisor.
- Not to undertake any other duties during the term of the Fellowship.
- To be financially responsible for accompanying family members.
- Have never received any funding from this program.
- After completing the fellowship, you must return to your home country.
These may also be beneficial to Women:
The following documents are required to apply for the Fully Funded TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Turkey Without IELTS.
- An official Letter of Acceptance from the appropriate department, institution, or institute of a Turkish public or private university or from the TÜBİTAK Research Center and Institute. (Host Acceptance Letter_Template)
- Applicants must provide a supporting statement from the Responsible Officer/Director of the applicant’s current employer in accordance with TÜBİTAK’s format. The justification must support the applicant’s application and show that the leave of absence will be granted if approved. (Supporting Statement from the Employer_Template)
- Proof of English proficiency. If your means of education were not in English: Provide evidence in English, such as a standardized test card (TOEFL or IELTS) or a university-issued letter demonstrating language proficiency.
- If the medium of instruction is English, please briefly describe what type of instruction was given in English. If you have a high school, bachelor’s, or master’s degree, this declaration must be signed and dated by the applicant.
- Submit a Research proposal form in the format specified by TÜBİTAK (Research Proposal Form Template)
*Note: The Letter of Acceptance must be directed to the selected host institution in Turkey and not to TÜBİTAK. Applications without provisional acceptance will not be considered for selection. The Letter of Acceptance must be signed by the highest authority of your chosen host institution. The largest number of academic advisors in Turkey is two.
How to Apply for TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Applications for scholarships must be submitted online only via the TÜBİTAK online application system. To access the TÜBİTAK online application system, please go to the following URL: http://e-bideb.tubitak.gov.tr/
- In order to submit the online application form to TÜBİTAK, the candidate must first create a CV on the platform in the TÜBİTAK Researcher Information System (ARBİS), which is available at: https://arbis.tubitak.gov.tr/home.jsf
- The information in the Researcher Information System (ARBIS) of the researchers who wish to apply to the program and the academic advisor(s) in Turkey must be current before submitting online.
- Applicants must be aware that TÜBİTAK and TWAS will not accept applications submitted in any other way than through the online application form.
- No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Therefore, it is recommended to submit an electronic application as soon as possible.
For more details, go to the official website