The STEM Bursary Program is open to individuals wishing to enroll in a one-year secondary education PGDE course to qualify as registered teachers in the most challenging STEM subjects.
Main Features of Scotland STEM Scholarship
|Coverage||Tuition fees, Living costs, Travel costs, Internship, work placement or project costs, Equipment and study costs, Childcare, Study abroad costs|
|Level of Study||Post Graduate|
|Mode of Study||Full Time|
|No. of Scholarships||150|
|Opening Date||Open Now|
|Closing Date||Not announced Yet|
Scotland STEM Bursary for Initial Teacher Education 2022-23
£20,000 scholarship per student starting PGDE in August 2022 in Secondary Education for Mathematics, Computer Science, Technical Education, Physics with Science, Chemistry with Science, or Home Economics is provided.
Students eligible for scholarships may also apply separately from the Scottish Government to the SAAS (Student Awards Agency for Scotland) for payment of tuition fees.
The application deadline for the 2022/23 STEM Scholarship Program has not yet been announced, but applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Eligibility for Scotland STEM Bursary
- Applicants must have had at least 36 months of paid employment (including breaks and vacations) in the last 84 months.
- Applicants who can demonstrate that they have received care benefits for 36 of the past 84 months are also eligible for employment.
- Applicant must have a 2 to 1 degree or a relevant master’s degree substantially suitable for teaching mathematics, computer science, technical education, physics, chemistry, or home economics, You must meet the minimum Educational Certification (ITE) requirements.
- Normal entry requirements for PGDE ITE also apply. Applicants generally do not need to have completed full-time education after September 30, 2019, with some exceptions.
- Applicant must offer to attend her PGDE ITE program at a Scottish university before applying.
This may be beneficial to you
How to Apply for Scotland STEM Bursary
- Please note that you will need to provide scanned images or PDFs of each course offering before you begin.
- These must be uploaded as part of this application.
- Are there any PGDE ITE degrees offered in Chemistry, Computer Science, Home Economics, Mathematics, Physics, or Technical Education at any of the universities listed below for the academic year beginning August 2022?*
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Queen Margaret University
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Dundee
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Glasgow
- University of the Highlands and Islands
- University of Strathclyde
- The University of the West of Scotland
- At least one valid offer is required. Otherwise, the application will not be processed.
- A valid 10-digit UCAS ID associated with the active offering that forms the basis of this scholarship application is required. *** If you applied directly to the university (bypassing UCAS), enter 0000000000 – 10 zeros for the UCAS ID.
Candidates from all over the world can apply for Scotland STEM Bursary for Initial Teacher Education 2022-23