To apply for Knight Hennessy Scholars Fellowship, there are no restrictions based on age, college or university, the field of study, or professional aspiration. Citizens and residents of all countries are encouraged to apply. We do not require applicants to seek endorsements from colleges, universities, or other institutions.
Knight Hennessy Scholars Fellowship for Graduate and Ph.D. Students Summary
|Host Institute||Stanford University|
|Deadline||October 12, 2022|
|Degree Level||Graduate, Doctoral|
Stanford University, officially Leland Stanford Junior University, is a private research university in Stanford, California. Stanford ranks among the best universities in the world. As of April 2021, 85 Nobel laureates, 29 Turing Award winners, and eight Fields Medalists were affiliated with Stanford as students, alumni, faculty, or staff. In addition, Stanford is particularly known for its entrepreneurship and is one of the most successful universities in raising funds for start-ups. Wikipedia
There is no application fee for Knight Hennessy Scholars Fellowship.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive funding for up to three years for any graduate degree(s) at Stanford. This funding applies to degrees in which scholars are preparing to enroll at the time of scholar selection.
During each of the first three years of graduate study, Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive several types of funding:
- The scholarship cover tuition and related fees
- Stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, teaching materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses)
- A travel stipend designed to cover economy class airfare for one annual trip to and from Stanford
Additional funding specific to certain years:
- Newly enrolled scholars receive a one-time relocation stipend to offset some of the costs associated with relocation to the area and/or technology purchases.
- Scholars in the second and third years can apply for additional funds to support academic enrichment activities (e.g. conference trips).
Knight-Hennessy Scholars fosters and supports an interdisciplinary and multicultural community of graduate students.
Knight Hennessy Scholars Fellowship supports MA, MBA, MFA, MPP, MS, JSM, MLS, LLM, JD, MD, Ph.D., DMA, JD/MBA, Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP, MD/Ph.D.), and many graduate programs.
Eligibility to Apply for Knight Hennessy Scholars Fellowship
First, in addition to applying to Knight-Hennessy Scholars (KHS), you must apply to, be accepted by, and enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate program, including but not limited to DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS or Ph.D. programs.
Second, you must have earned a US bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a college or university of recognized standing in January 2016 or later.
For details, go to:
- Resume: Prepare a one-page resume that includes the most important information about your experience, interests, and academic record in reverse chronological order. If you have professional and/or extracurricular experience, please list it.
- Transcript(s): Scan and upload transcripts of your academic performance at the undergraduate level (and graduate level, if applicable) for each institution you attended for one academic year or more.
- Test Scores: If your graduate degree program does not require standardized tests, you do not need to submit one with your Knight-Hennessy Scholars application.
- If your graduate degree program requires test scores, including English tests, you must submit them to Knight-Hennessy Scholars by the application deadline of your graduate degree program or the Knight-Hennessy Scholars application deadline, whichever is later.
- Recommendation Letters: Ask for letters of recommendation from two people who have the necessary knowledge of your qualifications, the desire to enthusiastically support your candidacy, and the time to write a strong endorsement.
- Short Answers: Descriptive questions allow you to share in your own words what you have done, who you are, and what you want to do in the future. For more information click Short Answers and Essay.
- Essay: Essay prompts invite you to ponder your life journey and the people, events, and circumstances that have influenced it.
These may also be beneficial to Women:
Knight Hennessy Scholars Fellowship Application Deadline:
October 12, 2022, 1:00 PM Pacific Time.
Each incoming Knight-Hennessy Scholar must also apply, be accepted, and enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate program.
Stanford Graduate Degree Program Deadlines
Stanford graduate degree program deadlines vary for different programs.
Apply for Knight Hennessy Scholars Fellowship
If you have already been offered and deferred admission to enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate program in 2023, or you are a Stanford Ph.D. student who began your Ph.D. in 2022 and will begin your second year in 2023, you must submit one application. to Knight-Hennessy Scholars.
Otherwise, you must submit two separate but concurrent applications; one for Knight-Hennessy Scholars and one for your graduate program at Stanford. This applies both to candidates seeking admission to their first graduate program at Stanford and to current Stanford graduate students adding a second graduate degree.
Through the online application form, you can provide contextual details to help evaluate the rest of your application. Complete and submit the online application for admission (including personal and academic information). You have to provide your contact information. basic biographical and demographic information; a description of your activities, experiences and interests; and other information.
First, log in to your existing account or create a new account. Once you’re logged in, click the button below to launch the app. To log in or create an account and apply, follow the link below.