For the 2023/24 academic year, the Robert Schumann Center for Advanced Studies is offering the Jean Monnet Postdoctoral Fellowship to researchers who have completed their Ph.D. 5 years prior to the start of the fellowship, i.e. before 1 September 2018.
Jean Monnet Postdoctoral Fellowships Summary
|Location||Villa Schifanoia, Florence – Italy|
|European University Institute||Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies|
|Programme Start Date|| 1st September |
|Eligible Nationality||All Countries|
Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies
The European University Institute (EUI) is an international postgraduate and postdoctoral educational and research institute and an independent body of the European Union with a legal personality, established by the Member States to contribute to cultural and scientific development in the field of social sciences. European perspective.
The Robert Schuman Center for Advanced Studies was established by the European University Institute in 1993, building on the experience of an already existing policy unit created by Joseph Weiler. It is named after Robert Schuman. The center’s mission is to “contribute to research on the main problems facing contemporary European society, including questions related to the construction of Europe. Wikipedia
The Fellowship program is open to postdoctoral fellows, tenured academics, and those wishing to spend their free time at the RSC.
Jean Monnet Fellows are selected on the basis of research proposals and resumes. The research proposal should fit well into one of the Center’s major research themes, programs, and projects. Fellows must reside in the Florence area for the duration of their fellowship in order to actively participate in the academic activities of the Robert Schumann Center for Advanced Studies.
You may also like to view:
Grant and Coverage
- The basic allowance is €2,500 per month.
- Successful applicants who receive other grants or salaries must inform the EUI. The amount of the scholarship will be fixed at a lower rate (minimum EUR 1,750 per month) depending on the amount of additional income (upon submission of relevant supporting documents).
- Family allowances will be added to the basic allowance if applicable.
- Fellows (excluding family members) will be reimbursed for the cost of the incoming trip from the origin to Florence and the return trip to the destination at the end of the fellowship.
- 1st class on the train/car travel is also reimbursed on this basis.
These may also be beneficial to Women:
- The fellowships are open to applicants who received their Ph.D. more than 5 years prior to the start of the fellowship on September 1 (for applications for 2023-24, the Ph.D. should have been awarded before September 1, 2018).
- Candidates of all nationalities are eligible for Jean Monnet Scholarships.
The following documents are required to apply for the Jean Monnet Postdoctoral Fellowships in Italy.
- A CV with a list of publications in PDF.
- A cover letter (1-2 pages) in PDF format.
- A research proposal (2-4 pages) in PDF format.
Note: use standard international fonts, do not use macros, special characters, password protection, electronic signatures, or logos.
You may like:
How To Apply for Jean Monnet Postdoctoral Fellowships
The application process for Jean Monnet Postdoctoral Fellowships has two different stages:
1. Register your application as soon as possible
It is recommended that you register your application by entering your personal and referee details as soon as possible. This is important to allow enough time for your referees to send reference letters before the deadline. References will not be accepted after the deadline.
2. Submit your application by the deadline of October 25, 2022 (14:00 Italian time)
Once you have registered your application, you can continue working on the application details and attachments until the deadline of October 25, 2022 (14:00 Italian time). Submit the application only after you have filled in all the information correctly and successfully uploaded the final version of the attachments.
Before applying, please read the Jean Monnet Scholarship Applicant Information page carefully to ensure you are providing the correct documents and information.
The deadline to apply for Jean Monnet Postdoctoral Fellowships is October 25, 2022 (2:00 pm Italian time).