The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada program provides funding for the best postdoctoral applicants, nationally and internationally, who will contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research growth. The value of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada is $70,000.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program (PDF) was created to attract and retain high-quality postdoctoral talent nationally and internationally, develop their leadership potential, and position them as future research leaders who actively contribute to Canada’s economic, social, and research growth. job search-based research. With only 70 available each year, this is a highly regarded and highly competitive partnership awarded by the State Government. The Fellowship program is administered and distributed equitably among three federal agencies in Canada:
• Canadian Health Research Centers (CIHR)
• Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
• Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
You may also like:
The Uniqueness of the Canadian Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program differs from existing postdoctoral programs by emphasizing the interdependence between the applicants’ individual qualifications and ability to carry out an effective research project and the institutional commitment and research environment. to be an ambassador. Accordingly, an applicant’s application to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must be completed in full cooperation with the proposed host center.
- April – September 2022: Applicants seek accreditation at a hosted institution to apply, prepare and submit an application (institutions may have internal deadlines).
- September 21, 2022(20:00 EDT): Complete application deadline
- October to December 2022: Application evaluation
- Mid-February 2023: Expected announcement of results. Applicants will be notified by email once the results are available on ResearchNet.
April to October 2023 Payments begin
Summary of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada 2022-23
Hosting Country: Canada
Offered By: Government of Canada
Duration: 2 years
No. of Fellowships: 70
Worth: $ 70000 per year
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada Program for national and international experts covers USD 70,000 per year for two years. Candidates for this award are nominated directly by the host center. The Banting Fellowship is very special in its emphasis on collaboration and coordination between postdocs and the host center.
These may also be beneficial to Women:
Benefits of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023
1- $ 70,000 CAD will be paid annually
2-Experts will have the opportunity to work on their research program under the best Canadian managers.
3-Fellowships are given equally
How Applicants Are Considered
Applicants should complete the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program application available on ResearchNet in conjunction with the proposed host center. Without the optional, Banting PDFs can ONLY be installed on a site that supports the actual application.
In an effort to support researchers in expanding their research knowledge and discovering new challenges and opportunities, the Banting program strongly encourages candidates to undertake these fellowships at an institution where they are currently absent or previously excluded (e.g. a current or previous Ph.D. student or postdoctoral specialist).
• The applicant holds numerous institutional awards;
• The applicant has a special record of the student’s instruction, usually with evidence of an emerging, self-defined program;
• The applicant is actively involved in public and educational activities, emphasizing research and dissemination of information;
• The applicant is within the top 2-5% of experts in their field of research;
• The proposed applicant study is in line with Waterloo’s priorities.
Eligibility Criteria of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada 22-2023
1- Applicant must have completed a Ph.D., Ph.D. equivalent to a health degree within 15 SEP 2018 or 30 SEP 2022 or before the first date of the merger.
2- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada can only hold fellowships at a Canadian institution.
3- Applicants who are Canadians or permanent residents of Canada and who have a Ph.D. degree in an external institution will only qualify if they continue with their postdoc at a Canadian institution.
4- Only those eligible academics appointed by the hosting center
5- The prize is won only once in a lifetime
6- Applicants should contact the desired manager and verify the suitability of the Banting FellowshipCenter.
Click Here for detailed eligibility criteria,
How to apply for a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada 2022-23
- Applicants must apply through a ResearchNet account (ResearchNet is a web-based application tool and funding opportunity/decision database. It is used by the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program).
- The candidate must make a Vanier Banting Canadian Common CV (CCV) and upload an application for it on ResearchNet.
- Candidates must apply through their acting institution.
- CIHR PIN – A unique personal identification number is required to apply for this program.
- Each institution has its own deadline, so the applicant must apply before the international institution.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada 2022-23 Application Procedure
1-Application must be submitted in English or French language.
The application must include the following documents:
> Identification of the study area
> Identification of referees and participants
> Information on all research proposals and all supporting papers
2-Application documents must be prepared in accordance with the prescribed standards.
3-Complete all the application requirements otherwise, you will be awarded as unfit.
4-Before submitting an application the candidate must give permission.
Deadline for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada 2022-23:
The deadline for Banting postdoctoral fellowship 2022-23 is 21 SEP 2022.